Saturday, October 25, 2014

Intellectual Thoughts

            Hello everyone, how’s it going? I don’t necessarily know what “it” is that’s going on right now, but I think you guys can come up with your own interpretation to that statement. Welcome to another edition of Me Talking I just got done with another week, and guys, it’s awesome. We tripled our views and I have to say, I’m proud of you guys. I said to spread the word, and you guys did just that. I hope we can have many more productive weeks to come! Anyway, I realized something. Now, I realized this because over the course of a few years now, many people have told me this, but I guess yesterday was the straw that broke the camel’s back so to speak. Someone told me yesterday that I “hated everyone” and I was offended. If there is one thing I hate, is the fact that people put words in my mouth. I asked this person if I had ever made such a statement and she said no, so I told her to basically shut up. I mean, that’s someone basically calling me a cynical jackass, which I can say I am not. I wonder sometimes if there is anyone else who goes through something like this. I know it is bad to say you’re better than some people or you’re more civilized than some people at school, but I honestly don’t know why the school system would let some of the people I am surrounded by into the high school setting. Actually I do know it’s because it’s almost impossible to be held back because of certain programs such as summer school. I respect anyone who is trying their hardest and they just don’t get the material, but these people DON’T WANT to understand the material anymore. Some of these people miss two, three, some even four days a week. Yeah, there’s a rising graduation rate in my school, but it’s not the students raising the bar, it’s the school lowering the standards for graduation. That’s why I don’t take graduations as serious anymore. I remember when I graduated from Jr.high I thought it was a huge achievement, but when I found out it’s a fricking law to graduate Jr.high, I lost some of that sense. Now, looking at the idea of high school graduation and how tough it is to find a job in this modern world, it’s sort of impossible to get a decent job without a high school diploma. So when you think about it, these people HAVE to graduate and schools have to go to whatever lengths to make sure even the worst graduate. Now, if you have graduated, I don’t mean to take anything away from your achievement, I just have begun to see this trend between schools and the students. I have gotten to the point where it’s become more of a frustration than a nuisance you know? Or maybe I’m just going crazy because I focus too much on the little things! Anyway, that’s just what I thought the overlying topic should have been for today’s post. For anyone wondering what is actually going on in my life right now let me fill you in. I have had a pretty damn good week. As the semester is getting past that halfway point I have found myself in a pretty good spot in terms of my academic level. The goal is to simply not get off track too much and continue to do amazing. I have high expectations for this week. It’s awesome to see this blog gain strength so that WE can continue to grow as a group. Once again, thank you guys for a great week and I hope to see you guys and more in the weeks to come. My info is below. I will probably end up doing another Q&A maybe next Friday. I, unfortunately, have to go. I hope to see you guys Monday, and don’t forget to tell your friends! Have a good one.

E-MAIL: iamjob9918@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment