Monday, November 17, 2014

RECREATIONAL POST #2: CUISINE

Before I begin todays post, I want to thank you. I had this idea when I first started this blog, and that was to create a base to which all those with ideals similar to my own would be able to recognize and add on. With that being said, if you want to give me any advice or want to write for this growing blog, just E-mail me and I can see what can be done to give this blog a good, long, life. Once again, thank you for sticking with this blog and reading every post. Now, ON WITH THE POST.

Food, to me, is truly a thing of beauty, and an object of mystery. We all eat it, and a lot of it tastes fricking good, but while most people will stop at that fact, I have a keen curiosity in this “food” we eat. When I was little, peanut butter sandwiches were my life. I didn’t eat them every day, but when I did, I would have a damn field day. I think that is why I’m not much of a jelly guy. Anyway about a year ago, I started to actually enjoy the foods I eat. Now, I don’t just eat the food, I will savor it. Part of that I owe to my mother and my father for cooking delicious meals almost every day I would come home from school or on the weekends, but I became interested in where the flavors came from as well as experiencing the smells and tastes that go into the meal consumed. I mean, I don’t consider myself to be an observant person, but whenever I have an interesting variety on my plate, I can’t help but wonder where these flavors came from and the time and effort needed to put this plate in front of me. There are so many flavors out there to mix and I really want to take advantage of having the opportunity to try out a lot of them. For any of you who don’t do this already, take the time to simply savor the flavors the next time you eat. Now, that goes for meals at actual restaurants because I know how hard it can be to distinguish the flavors of some processed food product from a fast food chain, but food was put on earth so that man could eat, and why would we have taste buds if not to taste the flavors of the world? Now if you will all excuse me, for I have to go have a meal with my family.

I know this creative post wasn’t as good as the first one, and I will continue to improve as I move on with these posts. Thank you for reading anyways.  

                                                 E-mail: iamjob9918@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment