Monday, August 29, 2016

A Thought In Requiem


A Thought in Requiem


By: Rodolfo Perez



Self-destruction was no longer a choice, but an obligation.

It was an unspoken responsibility. It brought salvation.

Too many times I have sat and watched.

Sat and suffered.

I sat as the faces around me became rougher.

I could no longer recognize them.

These people I once thought I found comfort with.

But that thought is in requiem.

The days we spent indulging in the short but boundless luxuries,

It all disgusted me.

Often, I like to look back, and wonder.

I wonder if they remember who I was.

I wonder if they wonder why I don’t carry a face like theirs.

I wonder if they wonder if I wonder who I am now,

But they won’t know.

For I’m gone now.

The thought of me is in requiem as well,

As my thoughts of them are.





                                                            P.E.N.T.C.I.

2 comments:

  1. Finally! A good comeback work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete